Moving your house to or from Surrey, BC or elsewhere in Canada – how should you proceed?
The key is organization. Plan well your every step, consider the timing of it – i.e. when is the most convenient time for your move, and get on with it! If you have this approach, your moving will be smooth and it will be over quickly and on time.
The checklist below is printable and should help you and guide you. It will give you the list with the most important steps to follow when you want to have your house moved.
Moving your House Step by Step:
- Contact Surrey moving company.
Getting a Surrey moving estimate is one way. Or you can look for a reliable Surrey mover in a different way – find one near you. There are lots of pros for using a professional Surrey moving company. That is one of the ways in which you can find out what moving costs to expect so you can plan your expenses.
You can also talk to your friends or relatives who moved before. Ask them which Surrey moving company they used and what was their impression of it.
- Get rid of everything you don’t want or need.
Otherwise you would have to pay for having it transported. Check everywhere – at every premise in your house (attic, basement, garage, etc). At the same time separate on one side expensive items like credit cars, jewels, or important paperwork. These should stay with you during moving. Take a look at the kitchen also. Use up the food in the fridge and freezer because you won’t be able to take it with you.
- If you have some electronics to move arrange for that in time. Some appliances require a special dissembling or have some set up to be done. Give more attention to your computer. Save a copy of its memory in case it gets damaged during transportation.
- Consider packing.
Are you packing by yourself? If so, arrange the purchasing of packing supplies. When you pack your boxes place heavier items in smaller ones and at the bottom. Lighter items can be moved in larger boxes and can be placed on top of heavier ones.
If a professional Surrey moving company is doing that for you – they know how to pack your belongings safely.
- Think about a moving insurance.
A house has a lot more than an apartment, and protecting it is important. Talk to your Surrey moving company you decide to hire about what moving insurance options it can offer you.
- Change your address when moving.
You might have a long list of companies and persons to contact – not just utilities, but you have to return books from the library, rented DVD’s, pick up things from the dry cleaners’, cancel any subscriptions, etc.
- Arrange your cleaning after you move out of your old home and the cleaning of your new home before you move in it. You can arrange it yourself or have an expert cleaning company do it for you.
- Prepare for your moving day.
Make sure the movers have your contacts – your phone, new address and a floor plan will also be of use to them. Arrange all boxes to be moved by the door so that when the movers come they can start loading the truck immediately. This can save about half an hour of your movers’ time and thus – save you money.
- Think about your kids and pets, if you have any – and who will take care of them on the day of your moving. You can leave them at your parents’ place or with close friends.
- On your moving day – make sure all your utilities are disconnected. The same goes true for your new house, too. Once you enter check if everything is working properly and if all utilities are connected.
- Relax and enjoy! Moving requires a lot of arrangements but at the same time it is a new start, especially if you are moving due to a job opportunity. New opportunities are ahead of you and this is a chance for a new beginning.
Original source: https://www.mymovingreviews.com
Need advice on planning your local or long distance move in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey, Delta, Maple Ridge, Greater Vancouver and Lower Mainland, BC? CLICK HERE to get in touch with one of our moving specialists who can assist with setting up your move and will make sure your entire moving process goes smooth.