One of the first steps to find a reliable and affordable Vancouver moving company involves reading reviews about Vancouver movers.
Unfortunately, nowadays it seems that there is a great number of fake reviews for cheap Vancouver companies. Some unreliable and cheap Vancouver movers go far in order to boost their overall ratings. Moving smoothly with a reliable and well rated Vancouver moving company is a priority for everyone, when moving locally in Greater Vancouver, BC or cross-country in Canada.
Filtering Fake Reviews on Vancouver Moving Companies
There are many review websites on the internet and even if filters are in place, some bad reviews may sneak through. There are many ways to determine whether the moving reviews on a given Vancouver moving company are real.
The first advice is to learn to read between lines. Here are some essential facts that you should keep in mind and some tips on how to avoid fake reviews online from cheap Vancouver movers.
How to Detect Fake Moving Company Reviews
- Skip the reviews that seem suspiciously overly positive. There are well rated and experienced movers for sure. And cheap moving companies in Vancouver are usually not the moving companies with the best service. It is another red flag if you find both of these statements in the same cheap moving company review.
- On the other side too negative and even offensive reviews is also more likely to be fake ones. There are movers who are trying to corrupt other Vancouver moving companies’ reputation. So stay away from too negative reviews – just in case.
- While reading reviews about Vancouver moving companies, be cautious about generalized reviews. Most of them say too much, but nothing essential at the end. Often these reviews turn out to be fake Vancouver moving company reviews.
- Irrelevant reviews. This kind of fake moving reviews are mostly off the topic. At first sight they seem to be relevant, but at the end their only aim is to promote other Vancouver moving company services. They usually post links to other Vancouver.
- Research your movers in advance. Read as many reviews as possible before booking.
- Check the names of reviewers on similar Vancouver moving companies’ services. How often do you move? Some review sites and moving companies’ forums require registration. Find out if this person is not moving too often.
- Keep in mind that there could be lots of positive words about the moving company in Vancouver, but there is s difference between a happy customer and marketing talk. If you are unsure about the reviews you are reading, try to contact some of the reviewers. Ask them about specific details from their moving experience.
In general, if you want to avoid fake reviews and testimonials, try to read between the lines. A reliable Vancouver moving company’s review must sound natural. Go to multiple websites and online resources to read testimonials, complaints and consumer reports. Also, you can check the Better Business Bureau website and read the profiles of the well rated BBB movers in Vancouver.
There is not an easy way to know how to tell if a review is fake. Make sure you do your research in advance to avoid moving scams. Your final evaluation will be more objective if you read more Vancouver moving company reviews from a variety of websites.
Need advice on planning your local or long distance move in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey, Delta, Maple Ridge, Greater Vancouver and Lower Mainland, BC? CLICK HERE to get in touch with one of our moving specialists who can assist with setting up your move and will make sure your entire moving process goes smooth.