Moving a queen size bed is one of the most difficult things to do during a move in Metro Vancouver, BC or elsewhere in Canada because the bed is large, awkwardly shaped, bulky and thus, very inconvenient for moving around. A challenge indeed!
Moving a queen size bed by yourself can be really challenging, and if you’ve hired a professional Metro Vancouver mover for moving all of your household goods, they will take care of the bed for you.
To move a queen size bed by yourself, you will need:
- a mattress bag which you can find for around $10-$20;
- moving straps to help you move if the mattress/box spring/headboard are too heavy to lift;
- you will need ropes and packing tape to secure your mattress during the move.
What’s the best way to move a queen mattress and bed to another province in Canada? Of course, if you are doing a long distance move, it is highly recommended that you either hire a professional Metro Vancouver moving company or rent the proper vehicle for long distance transportation.
A moving company in Metro Vancouver will wrap your mattress in a protective mattress bag, place it inside an enclosed truck and strap it down to avoid any potential damage. Your Metro Vancouver movers will have all the equipment needed to transport the mattress. Some Metro Vancouver moving companies take advantage of a special shrink wrapping process – they place your furniture on moving pads and then use shrink wrap around those pads to make sure your furniture will be immobilized during transit.
How To Move A Queen Size Bed In A Truck (Do’s And Don’ts)
The following tips on how to move a queen size bed by yourself will inform you of what steps you need to take to prepare and move your queen size mattress and bed frame.
- The first thing you need to do is take all the bedding off your queen size bed and pack it safely in a box.
- Slip the mattress into a special mattress bag to protect it from dirt and moisture during the transportation.
- Use (stretch) tape or rope to secure the mattress bag in place.
- Load the mattress onto the rented moving truck, preferably at the back of the storage space, and secure it to the side wall to minimize any undesired shifts.
- Attempt to disassemble the queen size bed frame by following the instruction manual.
- If your bed frame has drawers, take them out, empty and pack their contents separately and then wrap the drawers in bubble wrap or moving blankets.
- If the bed is already broken into its main components, you shouldn’t have any problems taking them out of your bedroom and carrying them all the way to the waiting moving vehicle.
- Wrap each bed frame component with a moving blankets (or old pieces of clothing) to better protect it and your property as well.
- Be extra careful when turning the bed frame around tight corners or going down the stairs.
- Don’t start the queen bed moving procedure by yourself but have at least two other helpers around to give you a hand.
- Plan your actions well and wear personal protection, such as work gloves and comfortable shoes with anti-slip soles. Remember: your safety and the safety of your fellow helpers is what matters the most!
- Load the frame parts of your queen size bed onto the moving truck and secure them for a safe trip.
- Drive safely.
Hopefully, the above queen size bed moving tips will give a good head start in your DIY move and will increase significantly your chances of success.
However, if you find you’re stuck with your bed and can’t figure out a way to move it safely, then you’d better contact professional Metro Vancouver movers who have solid experience in moving large beds, or any other type of heavyweight or bulky household items for that matter.
Original source: https://www.mymovingreviews.com
Need advice on planning your local or long distance move in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey, Delta, Maple Ridge, Greater Vancouver and Lower Mainland, BC? CLICK HERE to get in touch with one of our moving specialists who can assist with setting up your move and will make sure your entire moving process goes smooth.