TV is one of the items which can be easily damaged, and is fragile, susceptible to being scratched and broken easily, especially if it is a flat screen TV we are talking about (LCD, LED).
Bigger TV’s are heavier and more difficult to lift. This means that you should plan well how to pack your flat screen TV in order to have it safely moved to your new home, when moving to or from Maple Ridge, BC or elsewhere in Canada.
This guide with 12 steps will help you have your TV set packed well for your relocation.
- Prepare your TV for packing: turn it off, unplug the cable from the electricity system and clean it from the dust. Fold the cables and secure them with a strap. You can wrap them in a towel and later place them inside the box with the TV itself.
- Wrap your TV up with towels or other cloth for protection from scratching. After that if you are moving your TV in a box use a lot of bubble wrap around it and then tape it.
- When it comes to picking the right box it is always best to use the original in which your TV came. If not, look for other options to get yourself the right sized box – for example you can ask your Maple Ridge movers if they have one.
- When securing a TV in a box you can also use a cardboard cover or towels in front of the screen itself and styrofoam inside the rest of the box. Then write on the box “Fragile. TV” and continue with loading it inside the moving truck.
- If you want your TV to be really well secured and packed you can request from your Maple Ridge moving company a specially made wooden crate. It is efficient and very handy when it comes to long distance moves.
- If you are moving your TV without a box wrap it with moving blankets, then with bubble wrap and in the truck place the TV on something soft: mattresses, a sofa or an armchair so that during transportation they will add up cushioning.
- If your TV is large and you are worried it may get damaged, call a moving company and ask what will the price for packing and transporting be.
- Around your TV arrange soft items like bags with clothes or the plushy toys of the kids.
- Always place your TV right – if you put it down on its side or on its back it may damage. If you have packed your TV in a box – the box should be standing upright in the truck as well.
- During packing and moving try to keep your TV away from strong sunlight, as high temperatures and damp environment (all kinds of moisture like rain for example). This is especially important if you haven’t packed your TV in a box. In this case if it rains on moving day put around it extra blankets and take them off when the TV is already in the truck: if the blankets get wet they can leave some moist on your TV so remove them and then arrange your TV amongst your other items to be moved.
- When you arrive at your new home and unpack your TV, leave it a few hours to adapt to the inside temperature before turning it on.
- For additional protection of your TV during moving you can always ask your Maple Ridge mover about insuring it. It definitely won’t be much money and you will feel better by having one.
Original source: www.mymovingreviews.com
Need advice on planning your local or long distance move in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey, Delta, Maple Ridge, Greater Vancouver and Lower Mainland, BC? CLICK HERE to get in touch with one of our moving specialists who can assist with setting up your move and will make sure your entire moving process goes smooth.