Abbotsford is a city located in the Fraser Valley area of British Columbia, next to Greater Vancouver area.
The population of Abbotsford is around 134,000 people, and it’s one of the largest municipalities of the Fraser Valley Regional District and the largest outside Greater Vancouver, with the third highest proportion of visible minorities among census metropolitan areas in Canada, after the Greater Toronto Area and the Greater Vancouver CMA.
Abbotsford has an oceanic climate, with the average annual temperature at 10.0 °C.
Things to Do
Abbotsford is the air and road gateway to many world class experiences that are available throughout the Mighty Fraser Country: downhill skiing, white water rafting, sturgeon fishing, hot-springs, camping, mountain-top hiking, waterslides, theme parks, scenic gardens. Here’s more information on living and things to do in Abbotsford BC: http://www.tourismabbotsford.ca/things-to-do
And here’s a quick video for you to get a bit more familiar with Abbotsford:
Economy & Employment.
Abbotsford’s major industries are: agriculture, transportation, manufacturing and retail. The city earns the highest dollar per acre of agricultural land in the country.
Around 62% of residents in Abbotsford work in the City of Abbotsford. Most of the remaining 38% commute to Mission, Chilliwack, Vancouver BC and its suburbs (primarily Surrey and Langley), and other areas of Greater Vancouver and Lower Mainland, BC.
Need advice on planning your local or long distance move in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey, Delta, Maple Ridge, Greater Vancouver and Lower Mainland, BC? CLICK HERE to get in touch with one of our moving specialists who can assist with setting up your move and will make sure your entire moving process goes smooth.